Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Celebrations

What?  I'm celebrating?  

Yes!  It's going to be a very short term celebration but a celebration nonetheless.  Last week we received some data back from our testing back in December.  The data showed our student growth from end of the last school year to December of this school year.  Glad to say my 6th grade ELA students grew 96%.  We were the second class behind 8th grade (who grew 99%) in the school to have a  growth above 40%.  I am extremely proud of my students.  I shared the document with them and they too were amazed.  As a first year teacher I just let out a huge sigh of relief.  I'm ACTUALLY teaching kids and they're ACTUALLY learning something! I still can't believe it.  We obviously have a lot of work ahead of us to keep up that 96% and especially if my students think they can raise it to a 99% by the end of the year and so like I said short term celebration.  

-Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment